13 January, 2012

Lo-fi Video Collection

Couple of notable lo-fi youtube vid representations.

An earlier project of the late Mark Sandman. Treat Her Right was a Boston band in the mid-eithties, pre-Morphine. I was fortunate enough to witness Morphine live at Firestone in Orlando before Mark died on stage in Italy on the same tour. There is a new documentary about him called Cure For Pain.


I have been a fan of Smog/Bill Callahan for years. His style is a challenging listen, but lends well to this video, and to a certain mood that I used to find myself in.


Just plain weird. Can't stop watching. Somehow reminds me of Crystal Castles...I don't know why. Perhaps it's just that Post L.A. - L.A. Anti-American Idol approach that feels, in this case, like it could have come up from some dive club, an unpolished gem, between 1979 and 2015.


I love Wooden Shjips. Multi Functional. Road trip, poolside, skatepark, study room, hangover, party tracks...


One of the many Will Oldham incarnations. An early '90ish Palace tune. That certain lost mood again. Faith in love lost, the pros and cons.

No comments:

Post a Comment