22 June, 2009

T-minus 8 and Counting

In this case T = Turnover

Startled by this peaceful visitor. Only because I was about to piss in a bottle, looked over and he was there.

Cool and cooler in the shade.

Double take. A Pepsi truck. Very few sights like this of purely western commercialization. Never see Coke though, and I've been told that since the Coke products that service this area are "bottled" in Israel, Pepsi is the cola of choice

The Real Thing.

More common sights, donkey cart and a white/orange taxi, only together and up close.

"Ambulance." Got a shot of this truck months ago, but this is a better photo.

Adults usually don't look at us but for a glance. Children usually stare openly and uncorrected.

Kids with a box for a toy gun, no gun.

I almost didn't post this. Not sure why I'm doing it anyway, but this is a donkey just outside town and near the road. He was standing in the same spot alone, hours later, as we headed back to camp. Abandoned and dying. I prefer pictures of kids smiling but that's not reality. All I could do for him, zooming by, was take his picture.

Ok, this one I can't explain. Trucks moving huge chunks of boy and girl colored foam...I could only guess but I'm clueless.

Melons in season, a roadside market.

No comments:

Post a Comment